Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Fight for Your Father's Rights

In Kalinga during the olden times, marriages had never been attested in paper and ink. Marriages were usually conducted in front of the native folks who served as witnesses to the momentous occasion. Although there were no documents offered as proof of the union, it was considered binding and legal. Every marital rite was considered sacred never to be broken.

Nowadays though, this is no longer true, as marriage bonds are being constantly destroyed. In these instances of inevitable separation and divorce, it would be natural for the mother to assume custodial rights over the children.

But what if the mother is unfit? Wouldn’t it be natural for you - as the father - to want to transfer those rights? Being a father, you should be aware of your rights.

Establishing your rights need not be expensive nowadays. You don’t have to take the trouble of hiring an attorney.

All of your father’s rights would be taken cared of by this web-based service; from visitation rights, to child support , to custodial rights and many more legal impediments that would prevent you from assuming your parental responsibility.

It is a blessing that a certain venue is now available which could empathize and specifically understand your needs as a father.

No matter what would be done at present, people could no longer go back to that time in the past, when your word is enough assurance than all the attorneys in the world.


tashabud said...

Gone are those days of verbal agreements and contracts, indeed. I'm glad you were not spoken for in a marriage contract while living in the barrio, huh? That would have been really terrible.

I totally agree with you; fathers should have custody of the children if mothers are found to be unfit parents. It shouldn't be an automatic thing...

Philippines doesn't have to deal with this kind of issues because whoever leaves the family behind just means that, that parent is not interested in having a custody of his/ her children, right?

Happy New Year!

Jena Isle said...

Hi Tasha, yes I thank God, I was not one of those who were betrothed by their parents in a "contract" with a future partner. The trouble we would have undergone, if they did that. I think they knew better...lol...

Yes, it's not so much here. In fact, fathers even "ran away" from their children..lol..just to shirk their parental responsibilities.

Happy new year.

SELaplana said...

just wondering...

what if the mother is in abroad working, and the father is not interested to take care of the child. This couple is not married.

Currently, the parents of the mother are taking care of the child. However, the parents of the father became interested of the child and now want the custody of the child....

grace said...

God bless you for a blog like this.

Ever since i was young, i have been clamoring for more awareness among our people for the rich cultural heritage of our country and race. I believe that blogs like these can help make Filipinos more aware of who we are as a people. Kudos to you!

Jena Isle said...

Hi SeLaplana,

In the Philippines, for young kids custody is usually accorded the mother. In cases when the mother is incapable of taking care of the child properly, the father is given the right. In your case, the legal right still belongs to the mother, unless
they can prove that you cannot do so.
The grandparents of the father could contest this right however, depending on mitigating circumstances.

This is my personal opinion based on what I've read so far. Legal staff should be consulted.

Happy new year!

Jena Isle said...

Hi Grace,

Am I right if I assume that you're from Kalinga?

I agree that this important practices should be preserved, but so called "civilized society", had done away with it.

Happy new year!

Jena Isle said...

That should read: THESE important practices. The keypads are acting up again..lol...

God bless.